Carly made an appearance on behalf of the charity LA’s Best – a charity that provides after-school care for children.
Check out this video of her singing Celine Dion’s “Because You Loved Me”. I have not found any other online announcements or videos for this event.
Click here to see the video…
Also Carly is scheduled to appear at the Orange Count BBQ Festival on June 10th in Costa Mesa, CA along with the band Sugar Ray & fellow Idol alum Ace Young. This event benefits the charity Kristie’s Foundation for Critically Ill Children.
Here’s the promo poster:
I came across this video this morning showing Carly’s friends & co-workers from the San Diego Irish pub The Field talking about her on Idol. It looks like this was filmed the week she did “I Drove All Night” which would make this March of 2008.
Click here to see it…
Ben released the second (and final) part of his talk with Carly on You Tube today.
Let me summarize the major points:
- Carly will be finished with Viva Elvis in August – and she wants to perform with WATF as soon as she can – and visit South America.
- Carly mentions her “big news” that she tweeted about last week. She says she will reveal the details on the Idol Finale red carpet (which she will be attending with Ben.) She drops hints that it is a solo project & was suggested to her by Rocky (of whom, Carly does an adorable impression.)
- Ben’s snoring on tour (which he claims is now cured).
- Ben’s obsession with space & science and talking about it endlessly to whoever is there (hilariously edited by Ben).
- Carly will be recording with Ben in the near future – a WATF song she recently wrote & a duet with Ben that he will make available as a free download.
- Carly’s mom got married in Vegas recently – congrats Marie!
Carly joined Ben Moody on his podcast recently, and Ben released the first part of their talk on Sunday via YouTube. The appearance was originally promised for Thursday, but it appears computer issues pushed it back. Carly joined Ben via Skype.
Summary: Carly reveals that she will be wrapping up her stint with Crique du Soleil in the near future, and is looking forward to coming back to LA & doing “personal music” again. She talks about how great it was to work with them. Ben reveals again that indeed they have all been working on We Are The Fallen music among their other projects.
In case you missed it check out Ben hanging with David Hodges and others and talking music, Grammys, and life:
Click here to check it out…
Check out this great video outlining the early history and other bands of We Are The Fallen’s John LeCompt and Rocky Gray. Very informative! Thanks to EmOhara!
Carly jumped on stage with the band Steel Panther to join them in a performance of Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing”. This was filmed at the Green Valley Ranch in Henderson, Nevada on January 14.
Word of warning to the easily offended, the boys in the band get a little R-rated in razzing Carly at the end.